Watan's Health Program works to reduce mortality and disease prevalence. It provides sustainable support to medical facilities as well as emergency response through covering medical filed workers’ salaries, operational costs, medicines, travel and consumables, as well as rehabilitation of war affected centers.
Contribute to the building of a stable health system in Syria through the provision of health-related humanitarian assistance, focusing on the most vulnerable people.
In addition, to strengthen the coordination of health information systems to improve the effectiveness of life-saving health response.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
1- Health Center support: To maintain the provision of health care services to those in need and to help reduce mortality by providing care and supplies.
2- Emergency response: Rehabilitation of damaged medical facilities and equipment.
3- Health diagnosis: Laboratories and radiological services.
Watan has various pillars to help achieve the goal of improving health systems. Our work is to ensure that these health systems operate with fully-equipped facilities with high-quality medical services, well-trained medical staff, rapid response, and proper health information systems (including medical specialties, periodic formal epidemiology and chronic disease reports).
- Watan's work is implemented in the most besieged or hard-to-reach areas where the need for health care is the greatest.
- The emergency response plan supports in medical supplies, emergency medical equipment and rehabilitation of facilities.
- Watan's health diagnostics division, Laboratories and Radiology Services, increases the level of health services provided.
Watan continues to expand its reach to more areas and increase beneficiaries by allowing access to the basic right to health care through the establishment of two diagnostic centers in 2017 and more specialized training sessions for staff within Syria to increase their experience. Watan aims to be the first to implement its innovative emergency response plans to mitigate slow action in responses.
Watan is proud to highlight some of its current projects, which are part of a health program that has helped reduce the suffering and mortality of the Syrian people.
• Support the emergency response center.
• Support health centers and health capacity building in Eastern Ghouta.